Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 6:56 PM
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] catchallmails question

Ben,

There are various conditions that can account for messages being picked up without being marked with the "CATCHALLMAILS" test.  A good bulk of these instances occur because a message under certain conditions will not log a "Test failed" line.

One example is "Whitelist AUTH" in this particular example the only line that is logged in the Declude log for that particular message is this.

02/28/2004 00:01:59 Q573700001524c9ad Skipping E-mail from authenticated user [EMAIL PROTECTED]; whitelisted.

In regards to DLAnalyzer it will count this as a message (as it should), but there will be no tests associated with it like "catchallmails" because the "Tests failed" line is not logged.  There are other situations where this also occurs, but that one stuck into my head.

Hope that helps.
Darrell
Check out http://www.invariantsystems.com for utilities for Declude And Imail.  IMail/Declude Overflow Queue Monitoring, SURBL/URI integration, MRTG Integration, and Log Parsers.