> I know from reading the list that some of you have set up
> your own automated systems that notify your users of held
> messages and allow them to requeue them automatically.

I think you mean "user based" and not automated reviev and requeuing.

That's what I've set up in the past month's

1.) weighting system
  up to 80 points: legit => delivery
  80 to 119: spam low => subject marking & delivery
  120 to 149: spam mid => subject marking & delivery
  150 to 199: review => hold
  200 and up: spam => hold

2.) Log file processing with MDLP (Modular Declude Logfile Processor)
written by Pete McNeil
This tool does extremely fast parsing of declude jm logfiles. Pete's primary
intention was to write a tool that's able to analyze results of each declude
test and based on the determined reliability adapt automatically the
weighting system. Due to a lot of other work I haan't had time to test this
part of the tool. I concentrated on the other part of MDLP. It can write
CSV-files containing all processed messages, mailfrom, mailto, datetime,
subject and the total weight of the weighting system.
Then I've setup up some MS-SQL DTS packages that are able to import this
csv-sources in a very fast way into a MS-SQL database. MDLP allows to
process only e certain timerange of a daily logfile, so we import the
processed message results on a hourly base.

3.) message records are keept based on their final weight. Messages below 80
points and above 200 points are deleted after max. one day. Message records
in the revie range are hold for 14 days. Another script is cleaning up the
hold folder for hold spam above 200 points and all hold spam older then 14
days.

4.) two times each day (07:00 am an 05:00 pm) a script is queriing all
messages having a final weight in the review range. This script looks for
each recipient of this messages in a separate table (notify) if the
recipient has already received a notify. If not, the recipient receives a
short notify with a short explanation of what notifies are. The notify
contains a link to a IIS ASP SSL protected multilanguage webseite. The user
can assign his own password and login to see a list of all his messages
classified in the review range. (datetime, mailfrom and subject line)

5.) The user can click on a message to deliver the message immediately or he
can click on a button on the end of the list to mark all remained messages
as spam and so quickly clean up his review box.

6.) If a recipient has received a notify further notifies are send out only
if there are new messages in the review range
 AND the user has already visited his review box OR the last notify was send
out over 7 days ago
 AND The user has not choosen in his review box to not more receive review
notifies

7.) is not 100% ready but under developepement
Each user can choose in the reviev box his own spam filter "risk level" By
selecting one of 5 levels this will add a line in a declude filter file that
will add or substract some points (based on the choosen risk level) to each
message send to his address and so influence the final weight (instead of
moving up and down hold ranges, add or substract some points)

8.) The script creates also hourly reports on processed messages (legit,
low, mid, review, spam, virus & vulnerability)
The graphical visualization of this values is one of the next things on my
todo list.

All this functionality is part of several scripts and a long work of
configuration and setup. My weighting system is able to classify only around
3% of all messages in the reviev range, so users don't have to check the
review box too often. Users can click on a "forgotten your password" so the
helpdesk has not more work with this user frontend.

This system is working now for 14 days here and it seems reaching a stable
level even if I'm working each day one some little errors, feature requests
or improvements.

The problem will be to find some time to bring all this "review suite" in a
publicable form...

Markus