The main problem with the old system were the users that whined about
the lack of documentation in the interims and the lack of notification
of new interims.  I am glad I don't have to sift through those posts
anymore or see Scott for the thousandth time post that the interims are
not meant for mass consumption.  What I am NOT glad about is the new
development speed.  With the interims, we went a very long time between
official releases, but the development was fast and furious so that by
the time the next full release came out it was a vastly improved product
rather than the incremental improvements we are getting (or not getting)
now.  New bug fixes were available for those that needed them, but those
of us that didn't need them waited for something we DID need.

But then ICS happened and Declude was sold and now the development MUST
be different, because now they have to branch out from just Imail.
Before, it was one platform, one solution.  Now that is no longer the
case.  Scott had the time and ability to make quick changes to his code
because he was intimately familiar with it and because he did not have
to spend his time trying to integrate with other systems, nor seeing how
such-and-such change affects this setup or that.  The introduction of
another (and hopefully more in the future) platform for Declude added
many variables to the development process that simply weren't there
before.

So what am I saying?  Like it or not, Declude IS different than it was.
That doesn't mean it is worse, just different.