One of the expenses of living in a democracy is that the courts are
open to everyone; even to the spammers and the other parasites of
society.  It's not cause for alarm when it's recognized that there
will always be those who take unfair advantage and abuse privilege.
That reality is a good reason for there to be cops and courts.

However, what is increasing cause for alarm is when people are denied
equal access to the courts, by well lobbied politicians who set caps
and grant immunity for those with the gold at the expense of the
people they are suppose to be serving.

Thanks,

Wednesday, May 18, 2005, 7:55:52 PM, Matt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
M>[Snip]
M>  On the other hand, I'm also very alarmed at how the courts
M> have been so accepting of SLAPP suits brought by spammers against
M> the blacklists.  The net outcome is that the spammer always wins
M> regardless of the outcome unless the courts hold them liable for
M> the defense's costs, and those are rarely enough to cover actual
M> expenses and time, nor have I heard of it happening.

M>  Matt

M>  Don Brown wrote:

M> [Snip]

----
Don Brown - Dallas, Texas USA     Internet Concepts, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       http://www.inetconcepts.net
(972) 788-2364                    Fax: (972) 788-5049
----