Sharyn, Comments inline, Darrell Sharyn Schmidt writes:
It used to be that I could just copy the declude.exe file to the IMAIL
directory after renaming the old one.

You still can - just during the install process select manual install. Once you select manual install you can pick a location to drop the files into. Once you do that just go into that directory and copy the declude.exe into your imail directory.
No restart, no stopping or starting services..just an update on the fly.
Can I still do this? I have been on Declude's website and looked over the
instructions for the manual install.

Same deal as before. Update on the fly when doing a manual install. However, for me I stop all the service.
Im guessing this is what I want to do. I don't want Declude touching my
global.cfg, I'd rather do this myself.

Understood - same sentiments as most of us.
Will the manual install give me a new global.cfg too?

Yes, it will drop all of the files for Declude into the directory where you specified. Just make sure you pick a folder to drop the manually installed files in that is other than your normal Declude folder everything will work fine..
Good luck,
Darrell