URI blacklists are certainly making up the difference on my system.

But far more important, Sniffer from SortMonster.com is making the
biggest difference on my network.

Sniffer has the advantage of both URI filtering and traditional content
filters because Sniffer is picking up the content that is the same
across spam runs, whether that happens to be a URI, a phone number, the
GIF attachment that is a drug billboard, or the HTML text that describes
the GIF attachment, or the obfuscation of a URI or HTML itself.

Sniffer is easily worth a buck a day.

Andrew 8)