Andres, from our previous conversation, it seems like you've covered all of your bases:

1) Your Windows 2000 Server DNS.exe is already patched and the service restarted.
2) Your DNS option is already set to "secure cache against polution" and the service restarted.
3) Your DNS is not set to forward queries to an "upstream" server.

If all of these are actually so, then it is surprising that your cache is being poisoned and repeatedly so.

Are you sure that it isn't the result of a typo in your DNS configuration? Or a problem in your testing?

I looked up your DNS servers and tested some queries.  What I found was that:

200.16.193.5 is currently not poisoned

200.16.193.4 is currently poisoned or misconfigured; any request to *.com.ar returns 64.136.24.165 which is a webserver on which "freeservers.com" can be reached; surfing by IP address reveals a very generic page, and surfing with a poisoned domain (so that their webservers see the host header for the poisoned domain) gets a different page branded by aboutwebservices.com which is another name for freeservers.com

freeservers.com is a cheap hosting provider and does supply free hosting of a website with their banner ads.  If this is poisoning, the target web service is gone, so it's odd that the poisoner would keep at it.

Have you checked to make sure that your "Forward lookup zones" on 200.16.193.4 does not contain an entry for "*.com.ar" ? I set up a test on my own server and it looks exactly like this is the case on your server!

The TTL for *.com.ar is the same as that for cotel.com.ar (1 hour) which would be logical if *.com.ar were inheriting the settings from the parent; if I were a bad guy I'd probably set a very high TTL in my DNS poisoning, so this also suggests misconfiguration to me.

However, if it is a misconfiguration, then the zone is a regular "Standard Primary" with no secondary configured, because the bad data is not replicated to 200.16.193.5

The fatal flaw in my diagnosis is that you've said clearing the cache makes the issue go away; is it possible that you're mistaken?

Try this:

- Open a command prompt on 200.16.193.4
- clear the OS' DNS cache, i.e. "ipconfig /flushdns"
- start a nslookup but don't hit enter yet, i.e. "nslookup random3857.com.ar 200.16.193.4"
- Clear the cache from the DNS GUI

Do you get a response "Address:  64.136.24.165" (this would indicate a misconfiguration) or "Non-existent domain" (this would indicated that the cache was poisoned, but currently is clear)?

If you still have problems with poisoning, I'd suggest that you contact the Handler on Duty via the webform at http://isc.sans.org as they will very likely be able to get you on track and perhaps find out how this is happening and how to block it.

Andrew 8)