Luis,

Thank you so much for your post!  When you said that you are running with
HOLD %DATE% with no problems it got me to wondering.  If it worked for you,
why not for me?  I thought about it....then a light went on...

I opened up the $default$junkmail file and in my editor I turned on the
visible spaces feature.  I then entered HOLD %DATE% and I made sure there
was no space or tab character after the %DATE% and voila!  It appears to
have worked.

[6972] ACTION_HOLD - datahold [D:\APPS\SMARTERMAIL\SPOOL\spam\04 Sep
2005\68454540542.EML]
[6972] ACTION_HOLD - reciphold [D:\APPS\SMARTERMAIL\SPOOL\spam\04 Sep
2005\68454540542.HDR]

I then put a space after "%DATE% " in my $default$junkmail file and Declude
broke again with the invalid path message in the log file.

Who would have thought Declude would have used an invisible space after that
parameter as part of the file path????

This is still a programming problem that Declude should attend to but at
least we now know why it was failing on my end!

Thanks for sharing about your experience.  You gave me a clue that set me in
a new direction that helped!

Dave