It isn't a surprise to see that phishers are targeting donations for hurricane relief, but I found it promising that the FBI was apparently paying close attention to the scams. I figure that the phishers are the same ones that target the banks and PayPal on a daily basis, but doing that they seem to have attracted little action by the Feds. Maybe things will change now. I don't see why these people can't be tracked down and jailed.

FBI: Hurricane relief Internet scams proliferate
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/08/katrina.web.scams.ap/index.html