To: <DECLUDE.JUNKMAIL@DECLUDE.COM>
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2005 9:30 AM
Subject: [Declude.JunkMail] Decreasing CPU Usage with Declude 2.0.6

Hello, All,
We are using Declude 2.0.6 with JunkMail Pro and Virus Standard.

We are getting killed on the CPU usage front. I'm pretty sure that it's not a bug in Declude but rather has to do with the sheer amount of e-mail that the spammers are now sending into the machine we are running IMail and Declude on.

I'm using a pretty straightforward Declude config which can be viewed here...

http://declude.ntg-hosting.com/

I've got a bunch of "ip4r" tests, some "rhsbl" tests, most of the custom Declude tests and a number of "filters" that I've created. Since I know that filtering on BODY and HEADERS can be very CPU intensive I've intentionally avoided as much of that as possible.

I'm wondering if there is any way that I can decrease the CPU Usage without actually decreasing the functionality of Declude?

For example, 250 is my DELETE weight and 100 is my HOLD weight. If I were to turn off the DELETE and just view what was being held I would see some messages being flagged with weights in the 1200 point range. It seems a little silly that I'm spending all of those CPU cycles calculating 1200 point for a message that would've been deleted past 250 points.

Is their anyway I can issue a directive to Declude to stop calculating additional points past a certain threshold, e.g. 500 points?

If there's a known issue with CPU Usage and Declude 2.0.6 I'd definitely be interested in knowing about it otherwise I'm just looking for ways to decrease the CPU Usage.

Thanks In Advance,
Dan Geiser
[EMAIL PROTECTED]