Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 1:32 PM
Subject: [Declude.JunkMail] WAY OT: software to monitor the size of the local Outlook.pst file

Good afternoon,

In the last few weeks, Desktop support has had issues in where Outlook has stopped working due to the size of the Outlook.pst file.

I back up these files using Backup Exec on a server.

I am looking for some sort of software that can monitor file size, either installed on each users local machine with some sort of notification function, or something that can monitor the .pst size in Backup exec, again with some sort of flag.

I am after some way to get an alert, once the users' Outlook.pst gets to be, say, over 1 gig.

My users are not savvy enough to separate their psts into manageable sizes, so we need to do it for them.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Sharyn