From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matt
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2005 4:10 PM
To: Declude.JunkMail@declude.com
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] Help in creating a Filter

Erik,

Flexibility is a nice thing, but this isn't really practical to do for Declude without a major, major rewrite.

The better approach would be to actually introduce the ability to use operators and variables in custom filters so that the exact order didn't matter.  That would also be a rather involved new feature, but it would seem more practical and would have a greater overall utility.  I'm sure if time wasn't an issue and there weren't more pressing things, they would have leaped to provide this a long time ago.

As far as your specific need, some of this could be written in _vbscript_ as an external test in Declude.  Note that %COUNTRIES% is definitely preferable to %COUNTRYCHAIN% as the data used for %COUNTRIES% is updated more often if I am not mistaken.  The two letter country codes in standardized format are also preferable for filtering.  You can then combo a single test with the others and probably have no concern about the order of tests that you can't easily overcome.

Matt

Erik wrote:
It would be nice if there was a directive that forced the tests to run as
they are in the order of which the appear in the CONFIG file.  I know this
may/would be a performance decrease but it would give end users control of
external tests.

Erik