I guess it depends on who you get. I'm glad to hear that others have has better experiences with them.

-Dave

----- Original Message ----- From: "Matt Robertson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <Declude.JunkMail@declude.com>
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2005 3:58 PM
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] Declude with SmarterMail 3.0

I'm really surprised.  My experience with SmarterTools has been
nothing short of stellar.  I've had two separate instances over the
last year or so where I've had problems that a tech has made it his
personal business to work through with me.  One was a nightmarish
install of a gateway in front of SM (i.e. not really their fault) and
another was a mysterious problem where the mail server suddenly
started eating bandwidth for no reason (it wasn't sending or receiving
anything, and a reinstall eventually fixed the problem) and they wound
up walking me thru a safe reinstall.  When I gratefully asked if they
wanted my cc# as this was a for-pay support call I was told that only
comes into play with users who abuse the privilege of tech support and
call them over and over.

A week or so ago I posted on their forum asking how to migrate a bunch
of smartermail domains from one server and integrate them into another
one thats already running.  They wrote up and posted a special KB
article for that circumstance.

So it ain't all bad.

--
--mattRobertson--