-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Travis Sullivan
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2005 3:54 PM
To: Declude.JunkMail@declude.com
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] WHITELIST AUTH

>I have 7.11 :-(
> And don't plan on upgrading...so the Whitelist AUTH is useless to me?
>
> Richard Farris

Yes, that is correct.  That is a new feature in imail 8+

I don't see it as that big of a benefit really.  With combo filters, good
use of declude pro's content scanning (headers, body, subject) built in
tests, dns tests, ip4 tests... carefully planned counter balances, use of
the many tests from matt's web site....  I don't feel the need to whitelist
authenticated users.

I have several test email accounts throughout the net, and many spam-trap as
well.  Declude's fabulous weighting system really reduces false positives.
An email failing two tests will not get held on my system, it generally
takes at least 3 of the most accurate tests and up to six of the others...

My only wish is that we could setup the global.cfg file to fire the tests in
the order we choose.  To ensure counter weights, (ie - microsoft.com -3),
are considered before any other tests are ran.

I don't use any whitelists at all... major cause of increased spam through
the filters.

If you have one user that can't receive email from a source, whitelisting
that user will allow any spam that comes in to be delivered... yikes!!!
Nasty!!!  Instead, via the logs, find out the source RVDNS and
counter-blanace that email with a negative weight, start off with even -100
if you have to, then work down from there.

Travis

http://www.mail-archive.com.