To: <Declude.JunkMail@declude.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 9:20 AM
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] spamcop

Richard,

Last I checked, SpamCop was tagging about 50% of all of my spam, and while it certainly isn't perfect, it doesn't tag IP's that are perfectly clean. It is somewhat doubtful that one could remove SpamCop and not see more spam leakage. As a Declude user, I think that you might want to consider changing the weight that you apply to SpamCop instead, and make sure that you aren't automatically taking action on just that single hit.

Personally I have few problems with SpamCop, and when they occur, they are almost always with bulk E-mail. Since I weight it low enough and it takes multiple false positives to result in blocking a legitimate personal E-mail on my system, hits from SpamCop on places like Gmail, AOL, etc. go almost completely unnoticed. The bulk E-mail is a different story though because many places have false positive issues with such traffic and varying definitions of spam, but people rarely complain about missing something like an Overstock.com ad if they do get blocked.

Matt

Richard Farris wrote:

I have already deactivated Spamcop...should I just leave it that way..I have seen where spamcop caught some pretty nasty email..but the declude may have caught it anyway...

Richard Farris
Ethixs Online
1.270.247.5555 Office
1.800.548.3877 Tech Support