That would be this posting:

http://lists.grok.org.uk/pipermail/full-disclosure/2006-January/041032.h
tml

I'm willing to bet that this information is not to be trusted, Dave.
I'm confident enough and lazy enough that I'm not going to test it.

"Preliminary testing reveals that emails containing WMF files can be
blocked by filtering for the MIME-encoded WMF header."

A) If a blackhat is going to take the effort, even with the Metasploit
framework, to create a malformed WMF with a trojan inside, that same
blackhat will find it trivial to craft a non-compliant MIME entry in the
email.

Virus and spam authors ignore MIME standards anyway as a matter of
course.

"Regarding web-based WMFs, of the three browsers on this system, only IE
knows what to do with WMFs."

B) This guy is presenting a very weak follow-up on ground already trod
by giants.  IE as a default browser will open the attachment
automagically and the exploit can take place invisibly.  The other
browsers (Opera, Firefox, et al) will prompt the user as to whether the
default application should be used to open the object.  The user is then
free to self-inflict the malware on themselves by clicking OK.  And most
users would.

Andrew 8(

---
[This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude EVA www.declude.com]