From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Panda Consulting S.A. Luis Alberto Arango
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2006 8:10 PM
To: Declude.JunkMail@declude.com
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] SmarterMail 3.0 is out - has anyone tried it yet?

I just upgraded my production/testing server from professional 2.6 (unlimited) to 3.0 unlimited (I am running in that box 220 users in 15 sites). Plan to work with over 300 domains and 4500 users from my current Imail installation.

so far I like the product very, very much.

It has some things only available in Imail until now. For example the ability to send an email directly to a subfolder in the mailbox account or read from an specific folder via POP3. It is called Plus Addressing
The SMTP port uses also an alternate port. "Users will be able to access their mail through either the SMTP port and the alternate SMTP port, as both will be available simultaneously. I haven't tested yet."
It has also:
Message archiving per domain seems to be working fine. It is organized by date.
Outlook integration is only one way. From your Outlook you can see your calendar, contacts, tasks. It is very easy to setup, and works perfectly.
Calendar, Tasks and Contacts intregration within the domain works great, but have't tested deeeply yet.
You can import and export contacts easily.
Message preview is a fantastic
Speed is great if you have a good internet connection of course.
more here

I am using declude and sniffer (persistent mode) and so far no problem. I will upgrade to version 4.08

there are a lot.. lot.. lot of new features. Not all tested yet.. but so far I am extremely pleased with it.

give me a few days and I will keep posting what I found with it.

Luis Arango