From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Colbeck, Andrew
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2006 1:12 PM
To: Declude.JunkMail@declude.com
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] Bouncing emails

Frederick, if you decide you really have to not send NDRs, then you can follow this KB article:

which tells you where in Exchange to disable sending NDRs.  What it doesn't tell you is that you can create other domains to which you can still send NDRs, for example, if you have a certain high profile domains from which you don't get spam.

And just to clarify, this setting in System Manager will not affect your users; if they send a message to a mis-addressed address, and the other end sends a NDR, your server will receive it and deliver it to your user.

In Exchange 5.5, there was a hotfix that enabled a registry entry to control the behaviour of NDR generation; I don't use 5.5 anymore, but I know that it exists.

Andrew 8)