I just checked it again. The message is plain text. The default display in SM is HTML. If you select plain text, the tag shows up fine. If you select HTML, the tag disappears from view and the refresh occurs.

I placed the code in the body of a standard HTML page on my website, and the refresh occurred. So I was incorrect in my assumption that the refresh directive had to be in the header of the page. Apparently, it can be anywhere.

This could lead to some mischief, I'm afraid.

-Dave Doherty
Skywaves, Inc.