Orin,

It sounds like you are making progress, but I somewhat doubt that blocking an entire Asian class A is going to do anything but mask the issue at hand. I also strongly recommend not blocking an entire class A since for the most part, address space is shared among different countries, so you might be hitting Japan also.

I think that you should find in your logs the original message that corresponds to the bounce that you posted, and share the entries with the list for both IMail and Declude JunkMail.

The fact remains that your server shouldn't be sending E-mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]", and it appears that it was. That suggests that you are either an open relay, or that you were hacked. I believe that IMail 7.07 has some unpatched IMAP vulnerabilities that many were hacked by way of.

Matt

Orin Wells wrote:

It appears the cause for my imail jamming problem is a spam source in Korea starting with the block 51.0.0.0

Until advised otherwise, I don't care if anyone ever receives messages from this origin so I have set up a blacklist using the following

59.0.0.0/8 Korean spammer

Per the Deculde documentation. But I saw a message earlier for ip blocking that showed 59.0.0.0/8 59.0.0.0/8 "text"

Which is correct?

If I understand the documentation correctly, if I copy the $default$.junkmail file to the domain filtering directory this will apply tests at the domain level. I entered the following in the file.

BLACKLST        DELETE

Yes, I gave the test the name BLACKLST

Now, is there any real danger in my placing this in the declude $default$.junkmail? My assumption is that this would apply it to all domains. Especially any that do not have user-specific or domain-specific junkmail files established. Am I correct?

If a domain has user-specific junkmail files defined, will that over-ride the use of this file? Would it also be over-ridden if the domain has a domain-specific junkmail defined? My hunch is the answer to both of the above is yes. In which case, if we have user-specific filtering would I thus have to shove this code into EVERY user junkmail file for it to work?