I should have mentioned that the software Google Analytics is based on
is Urchin, and you can buy Urchin from various resellers by following
the Google Analytics link.

I haven't used it myself, but if it scales well enough for Google to use
it for arbitrary 3rd parties, it will likely work well for Andy (but
might not meet his other requirements out of the box).

Andrew.