Dave Beckstrom wrote:

>>The problem is that someone using your IP was using a Java program to
>>access our site....
>
>That was more than likely a search engine spider indexing your site.

Not a legitimate one. :) We do have a lot of search engines crawling our site, some of which we let do so, some we don't, and some just occasionally get banned. But legitimate search engines don't announce what language they are using (and they would also do other things to indicate that they were a search engine).