Hi,

> Serge, basic question here: What is the purpose for moving it in the first
> place?

> several reasons
> first, i am almost out of space on c:,
> but i also find easier to maintain, and i do not like having my files on
the
> system partition, in case i need to  reformat or something

It is virtually impossible to move the whole C:\D&S\... tree to D:\D&S. I've
tried and given up. :-( This to me seems a major bug in the D&S mechanism
but alas, so far no solution. However.... The majority of the problem can be
solved by transferring just a few things, the my documents folder and the
Outlook Express mail, to the data drive.

What I do:
Select the properties for "my documents" for the selcted user. Change C:
into D: and let it transfer the files. That creates a branch for the currect
user on D:
The go to the D:\D&S\<user>\ folder and create a "Outlook Express" folder.
Start Outlook Express, go to extra*, options*, maintenance*, and change the
archive folder* to the new location (D:\D&S\<user>\OE). Stop and start OE to
transfer all data.
By now you have moved all the "important" stuff to the D: drive.
If needed you can do the same for the Outlook *.PST files, relocate them to
D:\D&S\<user>\Outlook.

* These are translated from a Dutch version so I hope I have the right
names.

Groetjes,

Bonno Bloksma

---