Thanks, Goran-

These are W2K boxes for the most part, and the problem child is a W2K box. I will look at the power management settings in the OS to see what might be there.

-d

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, June 03, 2006 3:17 PM
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] OT: Automatic restart after power failure - Proliant 1850R

Dave,

I had this problem with some older Dell’s and APC software. It was the older Dell’s that were running Windows Server 2003 that would not reboot. The identical Dell’s that were running Windows 2000 Server were just fine. There was even a case of one Dell that was Win2K which we upgraded to Win2K3 that used to reboot and then didn’t. After much discussion with APC and some with Dell it all boiled down to something in 2003 was handling the power switch differently and there had to be a BIOS change to deal with it and Dell was not going to put one out due to machine age etc etc so the answer was live with it.

I have a vague recollection that there may have been a fix from MS but cannot really remember.

Goran Jovanovic

Omega Network Solutions