If you are not authenticating your users then your SMTP server is open for spammers to forge the “from” address to relay through your server! Unless you only allow relaying from specific ip addresses. “Relay for local users only” is a great way for spammers to hijack your server.

“Relay Mail for Addresses” and “No Mail Relay” are the only safe relay options. Assuming the addresses trusted in relay for addresses are secure from unauthorized relaying.

Kevin Bilbee

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Craig Edmonds
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2006 8:15 AM
To: declude.junkmail@declude.com
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] Max whitelists hit

Thanks John, but Authentication is not an option right now and I will suffer the few forged addresses that come through.

I did not realise that there was a limit to the amount of domains I can put in the whitelist and its worked until now whilst testing it with a  few domains but with a long list of 500 domains it does not work properly, when really it should.

Without posting really really confidential information here, I need to be able whitelist, the same way that I can blacklist.

I have one guy at domainA.com trying to send to another guy at domainB.com and both domains are on the same server.

domainB.com is not getting the emails becasue domainA.com's ip address where they are located is blacklisted quite badly and the email when sent through our server is given a score of 48, which means any email that domainA.com sends to domainB.com gets put in the spam hold queue.

Right now I need to be able to use the whitelisting functionality of declude.

Kindest Regards
Craig Edmonds
123 Marbella Internet
W: www.123marbella.com