I know why the virus got past Declude but I would like to know how to stop it in the future.

We have the AFTERJUNKMAIL directive on. So the message was trapped as spam and then when the user re-queued the message it was delivered to the users mailbox. Is there a way to get Declude to virus scan messages that have been re-queued and not do the spam checks?

What I am unclear on is how Declude interacts with SmarterMail

This is what I think happens.

1.       SmarterMail 3.x receives a message and places it into the proc folder for Declude to process it

2.       On HOLD action Declude moves the message to the hold folder

3.       A message is re-queued into the SmarterMail spool folder with an “X” pre-prepended to the file name.

4.       SmarterMail then delivers the message to the mailbox

Does Declude ever see a message that has been placed back into the SmarterMail spool?

Should I be placing these messages back into the proc folder for Declude to move them to the spool folder

I would like to see Declude virus scan all message that are not deleted by JunkMail even if they are held.

Kevin Bilbee