  From: Sharyn Schmidt
  To: declude.junkmail@declude.com
  Sent: Monday, December 18, 2006 8:32 PM
  Subject: [Declude.JunkMail] OT: Changing the IP address of the mail server
and the primary DNS server

  Need to pick the brain's of the experts out there.
  We are changing from a cable internet connection to a fiber one. The cable
connection is staying in place, so we will actually have 2 internet connections
at my main site. The cable one is going to serve as sort of a "guest/public"
internet connection, whereas the fiber becomes our main connection

  We are getting an entirely new block of static IP addresses with our new
fiber connection. I am going to need to change the IP address of both my
primary nameserver (which I host here) and mail server (also hosted here) to
reflect the new static addresses. The mailserver and the primary nameserver are
the same physical box.

  I am unsure what is the best way/order to do this.The new connections will be
totally independent of the old one, different firewalls, different switches,
etc. My internal network will be attached to the firewall behind the new fiber
connection.

  I'll check the IMAIL KB for the best way to handle this within Imail. My
biggest concern is the best way to get the Internet aware of the change, and
the timing involved.

  Suggestions are welcome.
  TIA,
  Sharyn