Well now that we have moved from IMail 8.15 to 8.22, we are now experiencing the problem where Declude needs to be restarted regularly to correct an apparent memory leak. I remember following threads about this problem and how the upgrade to IMail 2006.1 generally solved the problem.

Since we are going to have to change to the new IMail platform anyway and our support agreement is up for renewal, I have been reviewing SmarterMail. The apparent benefits I've seen so far are lower cost, lower resource utilization (especially WebMail), and support beyond IMail's 8X5 hours.

The only downsides I see so far are user re-education, and that it seems to lack SMTP Relay for specified IPs.

So, Would any SmarterMail Admins like to share from actual experience to date?

Bill Green
dfn Systems