From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Andy
Schmidt
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 10:09 AM
To: declude.junkmail@declude.com
Subject: [Declude.JunkMail] OT: Software for copying files with permissions

Hi,

If this is part of a Domain, you should be able to use XCOPY or ROBOCOPY
(depending on the Windows Server version you have), with the appropriate
command line switches and copy the various folders and their content
INCLUDING permissions, owners, system/hidden flags etc.

After the files are copied, re-establish matching shares on the new server
(chances are, your shares may not have additional permissions and you are
controlling access strictly through NTFS - but you should check your current
shares, just to be sure).

Done this a several times over the years and it's relatively painless.

Best Regards,
Andy