I just want to share the effect of adding a gateway to my setup.

I installed Alligate on the same server that is handling my
imail/declude/sniffer/invuribl.

My server was getting to be quite overloaded especially during peak time.  I
thought I was only processing about 40,000 mails a day.  I was going by the
imail daily report.  Of course that was wrong.  It does not include all the
spam that never makes it to imail.  I found that our when I installed
DLAnalyzer from invariant Systems.  To my amazement I was processing 500,000
mails a day.  No wonder there was the odd crash of decludeproc or imail smtp

After investigating solutions and a discussion with Darrell from Invariant,
I decided to get Alligate.  That was last week.  I have it running smoothly
with about 200 domains and my server has room to spare.  Whereas the
hardware was averaging around 90% utilization is it now at half that.
Declude\imail is now reporting only 67,000 mails a day.  Imail itself sees
only 20,000.  What a change.

I sure hated to spend another 800 on spam but sure am glad I did.  My
hardware can last much longer.

Times sure change  98% spam is huge when you get 500,000 mails a day

Much thanks to Darrell for his assistance.

I will gladly share more if anyone is curious

Harry Vanderzand