> <Yeah, that would surprise me utterly, since they wouldn't be able to
> <do _anything else_ with said servers that would lead them to believe
> <they were suitable for Declude's use.

> I  worked  for  an  ISP  for a long time before joining Declude. DNS
> servers  are NOT useless without the recursive DNS option turned on.
> I  don't  know  where  you're  getting  your  information, but it is
> incorrect.

What  I  said  was  (it's  right  there above, please reread) there is
nothing  else they could do with said servers _that would lead them to
believe  they were suitable for Declude's use_. That is obvious. There
is  no  reason anyone should think that authoritative-only nameservers
are  "their  DNS  servers". Such servers could not be the servers they
use  to  surf  the  web, for example. The only reason they would enter
such  a  server  into the Declude config is because they have not been
sufficiently  briefed  on  the  characteristics  of the server that is
suitable  for  Declude vs. one that may not be used. The test "can you
run  'nslookup  -q=mx gmail.com 1.2.3.4' is enough to tell people that
the 1.2.3.4 is or isn't valid.

--Sandy

Sanford Whiteman, Chief Technologist
Broadleaf Systems, a division of
Cypress Integrated Systems, Inc.
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

SpamAssassin plugs into Declude!
  http://www.imprimia.com/products/software/freeutils/SPAMC32/download/release/

Defuse Dictionary Attacks: Turn Exchange or IMail mailboxes into IMail Aliases!

http://www.imprimia.com/products/software/freeutils/exchange2aliases/download/release/

http://www.imprimia.com/products/software/freeutils/ldap2aliases/download/release/