On 3/4/2011 10:42 AM, Stephan Chayer wrote:
> Should we use SSD drives or regular HDD.  I have heard numerous reliability
> problems with SSD and I am not sure if we should do it.

So far we have had good luck with SSD drives in applications like this.

Another solution we use on our *nix boxen is tmpfs with a ton of extra RAM.

Analogous to a RAM drive on Win* I suppose -but tmpfs will automatically
extend itself to physical drives if the size explodes so that's
something to watch for.

_M

--
Pete McNeil, President