> The bottom line:  Has anyone else pondered the use of Declude Virus on the
> mail servers from a potential liability point of view?  Or is our legal
> department paranoid?  Does anyone have a TOS or AUP that includes statements
> about anti-virus protection?

Of course legal departments are paranoid!  I guess they get paid to be.
Second in paranoia level is Student Services.  If something bad can
happen, they have at least imagined it and want a policy for it.

Not being an ISP, our situation is a little different, but through our
Electronic Use Policy and web pages, we tell users that we will make a
good faith effort, but the responsibility is theirs.

http://www.jcjc.cc.ms.us/policies/electronic_use_policy.pdf
http://www.jcjc.cc.ms.us/email/emailvirus.html

John