We are preparing to buy both Declude products.
We have secured our F-Prot license, but need
to clear up a couple of points.

Regarding Declude Virus...

We plan on *enforcing* virus checking for all
users. No mail will be allowed to enter our
network without being checked, nor will any
mail be allowed to leave our network without
being checked. This will be offered as a no
charge value-added service.

That being the case, we don't need any of the
'per domain' (or 'per user') features of the
Pro version. However, while I didn't see it
on my most recent review of the product info,
I believe I saw somewhere that only the Pro
version checks outbound mail. Is this correct?

Also, we are running a dual P-III 600 with 1GB
of RAM. System is on one physical drive, spool
and logging on a second, and mail directories
on a third (a fast SCSI drive). We have about
10,000 email accounts across about 450 active
mail domains. One domain accounts for 80%+ of
the accounts and the remainder have only a
handful of accounts each. Daily mail volume is
about 35,000 items total (i.e., inclusive of
both in and out).

Any consensus as to whether we should be fine
(performance-wise) adding Declude(s) to this
system?

Thanks for any input you may be able to offer.

   --- Ed Perrine / Network Tallahassee