-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Markus
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2001 02:20 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Declude.Virus] MISSING_REVERSE_DNS:Goner and/or
PWS-gen.Hooker?

Hi all,

since yesterday we catch a lot of "PWS-gen.Hooker" trojans, but
absolutely no "Goner"

Our Mcafee engine version is the newest superdat-version from Dec 05:

        Scan engine v4.1.60 for Win32.
        Virus data file v4175 created Dec 05 2001
        Scanning for 59317 viruses, trojans and variants.

(the day before we had the extra-dat-file)

In the NAI Virus lib I found under "pws-gen.hooker" :

        Virus Name      Risk Assessment
        W32/Badtrans@MM         Medium

Questions:
Why some Badtrans-Viri a catched as "W32/Badtrans@MM" and other ones as
"PWS-gen.Hooker"?
Why my scanner does not catch the goner-virus?

Yesterday declude has found around 100 infected messages. I'cant believe
that there was no "goner"

Markus