You can also ban extensions within Imail using rules.  Here's an example of
a rule that bans attachments that are executables with the .exe externsion.
It does this by forwarding any message with an attachment that ends in .exe
to NUL (which effectively discards it).

B~name=".*\.exe":NUL

If you place the text above in a plain text file named rules.ima in the
folder that contains that mail domain it should do the trick.  The only
downside is there isn't a whole lot going on in the logs to let you now when
this happens.  You could also choose to forward all mail that meets this
criteria to a quarrantine mailbox account that you check out.  Just add more
lines if you want to ban other extensions (like .com or .cmd)

I would go to the IPswitch site and check out rules processing, it's an
extrememly powerful feature of the imail server.

Hope this helps,
Jeff

Here's a summary of the IPswitch knowledgebase article.
Question/Problem: How can I prevent .exe files from being sent to my users?
How can I give myself the ability to monitor these types of messages?

Answer/Solution: The period is a special character (in regular expressions).
Try this:

B~name=".*\.exe":NUL

In versions before 6.04 use the punctuation escape (\p): \pexe

B~name=".*\pexe":NUL

to remove all messages containing attachments with any filename ending in
.exe. Note that this rule will delete all incoming messages containing
attached files with .exe extensions.

Note that only the first 32K of a message is checked. Please refer to page
78 in the IMail 6 User's Guide under Limits.

Rules are written to a file, rules.ima in the TopDirectory for your domain
or in a user's mailbox directory.