I have the registry entry in that article in my Windows 2000 servers.

But there isn't a fix for this as far as I can tell.

I have experimented with various settings. If IMAIL receives a batch
of messages all at once then there is a likelihood that a popup will
occur first on smtp32.exe. Once that happens all you can do is just
click as fast as possible to get rid of alert boxes. If you do this
fast enough you can keep the server up. Otherwise the alert boxes just
keep building and finally the server will fail to respond.  It is the
number of alert boxes that kill the server I think.  I can't find a
way to suppress them.

In my case this usually begins when total processes are between 90 and
100 and IMAIL has received about 100 messages all at once.

But I hope you find a solution and if you do please post it.

Terry