-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of R. Scott Perry
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 11:29 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Declude.Virus] Bugbear made it past declude / f-prot

>Not sure why yet.
>
>Norton stopped it on my personal desktop.
>
>Since it made it through, is there anything I can provide to anyone to
>help figure out why?
>
>F-prot is dated 9/30.
>Declude is 1.60
>Imail is 7.13
>Win2k
>Norton was updated yesterday, too.
>I didn't have BANEXT exe  (I do now!)

First question:  Is the eicar.com file caught when sent from the Test
Virus
Sender at http://www.declude.com/tools ?

Second question: Do you have virus scanning disabled for any
users/domains?

Since we've seen the file sent in two different ways (both with and
without
the MIME Header vulnerability), there's a chance that there could be
several variants out there, that aren't all getting caught yet.