What types of files would get identified as "suspicious" with this option?

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: "R. Scott Perry"
Sent: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 14:00:35 -0500
Subject: Re: [Declude.Virus] hmmm... F-prot error 8?

>After setting my Log to MID, I was going through it to see what is being
>caught, here is a piece of the log, what does this mean?

>11/13/2002 13:10:34 Q92091be000fa9508 Could not find parse string
>Infection: in report.txt
>11/13/2002 13:10:34 Q92091be000fa9508 Error 8 in virus scanner.
>11/13/2002 13:10:34 Q92091be000fa9508 Scanned: Error in virus scanner.
>[MIME: 2 9829]

That actually isn't related to the LOGLEVEL MID.

It means that your virus scanner returned an exit code of 8, which doesn't
mean that the E-mail has a virus, and doesn't mean that it is virus
free.  Declude Virus will deliver such E-mails, assuming that the virus
scanner reported an unknown error.  In the case of F-Prot, this is a
"suspicious file".  If you want to treat suspicious files as viruses (and
are using F-Prot), you can add a line "VIRUSCODE 8" to the
\IMail\Declude\virus.cfg file.