Windows version (fpcmd).

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John Tolmachoff
(Lists)
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 12:03 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Declude.Virus] Bugbear getting through

Robert, I have noticed the same thing, but in my case they were caught by
banned extension. I did submit to F-Prot and here is the reply I got earlier
in the week, which was then discussed on this list:
F-Prot Antivirus detects and disinfects the Bugbear.B worm with the latest
virus signature files.

However, according to the information you sent to us you are using the DOS
version on a Windows 2000 server.

Unfortunately there is a problem with running a DOS anti-virus scanner on
Windows NT 4.0/2000/XP systems. It is not guaranteed that all files will be
scanned. The reason for this has mainly to do with long filenames and
non-ASCII characters in file names. DOS only "understands" 8 character long
filenames.

Therefore F-Prot Antivirus for Windows to scan Windows NT 4.0/2000/XP
systems.

Are you using the DOS version or Windows version?

John Tolmachoff MCSE CSSA
Engineer/Consultant
eServices For You
www.eservicesforyou.com

This E-mail came from the Declude.Virus mailing list.  To unsubscribe, just
send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and