Recently a problem has developed where the SPOOL folder is accumulating
huge (tens of thousands) of SMD files. These files build up very
quickly. What is more worrisome is that some mail isn't being delivered.
No bounce, undeliverable, or any other message from postmaster either. I
have tested this and verified it myself. When I disable declude,
everything gets delivered.

When I look at the DECCON window, it frequently looks as though multiple
copies of the same pieces of mail are being processed.

When I look into the declude log I see errors such as:

E:\IMail\spool\D3bb6160701420601.SMD
10/14/2003 16:30:21 Q3bb7022a0224067e Error: Failed; could not open

Loads of them. I thought perhaps F-Prot was to blame, though it has
worked fine for months.I do not have a Real Time scanner running... only
the on Demand scanner. The system resources are maxed out when declude
runs as well. ANY clues as to what may be going on here would be greatly
appreciated.

Dell Power Edge dual 733 PIII

Windows 2000 advanced

2 GB RAM