-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John Shacklett
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 1:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Declude.Virus] Bannotify.eml missing extension.

I saw this in the flood of messages today [or was it yesterday] and I can't
find it to chime in with a [forgive me] "me too".

I have this line in my bannotify.eml:

<quote>
The mail server for %LOCALHOST% does not accept E-mail with attachments that
contain the %BANEXT% extension.
</quote>

I just received a notification message that said:

<quote>
The mail server for continentaloffice.com does not accept E-mail with
attachments that contain the  extension.
</quote>

I dug out the D-file for that message and here's the relevant hunk out of
the MIME headers:

<quote>
----------pbgivjxdscnisewbjysa
</quote>

I have the D-file, and I have the log extract. This only happens
intermittently, but we've gotten so many over the last few days that I've
noticed them more than I would have otherwise. This was an encrypted ZIP
attachment, with an EXE inside. I'm doing BANZIPEXTS    ON and BANEZIPEXTS
ON, but not BANEXT      ZIP or its ezip cousin. And finally, I am getting
other notifications with "ZIP-scr" or "ZIP-exe" in the %BANEXT% spot.

Having said all that: is this further evidence of a glitch or not? [I'm
almost totally befuddled at this point, and I hate being a "me too". Sorry.]

--

John Shacklett

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

www.continentaloffice.com

This E-mail came from the Declude.Virus mailing list.  To unsubscribe, just
send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and