They could easily look for any email with a encrypted zip attachment, and the word password followed on the same line by a CID sourced image in the body and very safely assume it is the virus.  It should have a negligible false positive rate, how likely is this to be a standard practice?  Thinking about it, how many people would bother to encrypt a zip file for security, then send it along with the password negating that security?

Thanks,
Chuck Frolick
ArgoLink.net

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of marc catuogno
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 4:20 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Declude.Virus] NAV 2003 catches passworded virus??

Sorry, I know I’ve brought this up before but I’m befuddled as to how plan old Norton Antivirus 2003 on my XP desktop using outlook 2002 can pick up this virus within a passworded file without the password.

This was held in the virus directory by Declude and I released it to see if it would be caught, and it was - before it was opened.

Again, this isn’t really important, but I’d like to know how it is happening. Any theories???

Marc