We do already have some support for that in Declude Virus Pro. But, the problem is that it often isn't possible to tell what the file type is without the extension. In this case, it would be very difficult to distinguish a .js file from a .txt file, for example.

There is another problem, too -- if you have a file that Declude Virus identifies as a .GIF file, but it has an .EXE extension, do you really want it?

The attachment in this case was the GIF file, just a spacer.gif used elsewhere in that page.

Actually, it wasn't, if I have the correct information:

        ----- Attachment MIME Definition -----

That file is named "nojavascript&WT.js=No". Although there is a Content-Location: header afterwards, the Content-Location: header isn't used as part of the file name.

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers since 2000.
Declude Virus: Ultra reliable virus detection and the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you've been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.