The problem with encrypted password protected zip files is by nature of the
product. The virus scanner would have to OPEN the zip file to scan the file
inside. IF they were able to do that, that could be seen as a security risk.
Example, I have a client that is involved in health care. Therefore, all of
their files are zipped and encrypted. If a virus scanner was able to open
the zip and scan the file inside, that could be interpreted as a violation
of HIPPA regulations.

What Declude is able to do is see what kind of file is inside the zip and
apply extension policy based on the type.

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You