Yes this all make sense. Now I think that what I would do is to send to both recipient
and sender to inform them of the situation. So I would need to do something like this
in the bannotify.eml

To: %MAILFROM%,%ALLRECIPS%

Can I send to multiple like this?
Is the delimiter a ","?

Thanx

     Goran Jovanovic
     The LAN Shoppe

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Matt
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 12:13 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Declude.Virus] BANnotify.eml

bannotify.eml is the only template used for banned extensions or banned file names.
You can customize this file to be sent to anyone that you wish.  Note that this will
only get sent if a banned extension or banned file name is detected AND Declude virus
doesn't detect a vunerability or your virus scanner doesn't detect an infection.  The
incidence of this being sent should be less than 1% of all Declude Virus blocked
messages, and most will be the result of encoded zip files if you are configured for
that (currently that can't be turned off).

The general thought for this is to bounce back to the %MAILFROM% instead of to the
recipient, so you can inform the sender that they have sent a type of file that is not
accepted on your server, and give them instructions as to how to send the file in a
way that passes your system (such as zipping up executables).  If it wasn't for banned
file names and encrypted archives being bounced, there would hardly be any of these
sent out, and I expect that resolving that is high on Scott's list of enhancements, so
the condition is hopefully temporary.  If you send these notices to local users, you
might run the risk of having them tell you to turn them off for their account, in
which case they might not realize that a legitimate message was blocked.

Maybe that all makes sense?

Matt

Goran Jovanovic wrote:

Hi,

The documentation shows that the bannotify.eml file send mail back to %MAILFROM%. Can
I just modify this to send mail to %ALLRECIPS% instead or is there another .eml file
that I should be using to inform the recipient that a banned attachment was dropped?

Thanx

     Goran Jovanovic
     The LAN Shoppe

MailPure custom filters for Declude JunkMail Pro.
http://www.mailpure.com/software/