Yesterday my postmaster account got 32 NDR's from my system and others, and 1 auto-reply.  31 of these 33 messages were from ZIP-EXE's and RAR-EXE's.  I have no clue as to how many of these bounces are for ZIP-EXE's that are accepted because my log doesn't provide enough information for me to tell, but I suspect that the real number is one to two times more than what's getting bounced back at me, though I could be way off.  The messages that are getting bounced back/NDR'd are generally to addresses that are parsed incorrectly by the virus, such as the ones that Netsky rips from Message-ID's.

Here's the worst part of this all...18 of the 33 messages were received from NDR's to domains belonging to my own customers (or close approximations there of), and one was from one of my own customer's auto-replies.  I again have no clue as to how many actually got delivered, but this is definitely a big problem and it causes confusion.  Yesterday was if anything, a below normal day for NDR's to my postmaster account.

Please, please, please...I need a solution to this.  I don't know what to do apart from possibly creating a program alias that parses BanNotify.eml bounce and then creates a new bounce message, but this level of programming is beyond my immediate skill.  IMail rules don't work because of the way these messages are hooked into the system.  All I really want to do is turn bounces for encrypted archives off (both ZIP's and RAR's).  I've been asking for three months now, and I need to know if this is going to be resolved soon or if I am going to have to get someone to program this for me.  I view this as a very serious problem and it's bad enough that I already receive 1.5% of my total traffic from Joe-Job and AV NDR's without contributing to it with my own system.

Thanks,

Matt
MailPure custom filters for Declude JunkMail Pro.
http://www.mailpure.com/software/