-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Scott Fisher
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2004 2:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Declude.Virus] Recommended Scanner

My personal scores from best to worst:

Clamav (been only a week, but it hasn't missed one) and free  (Also catches
some phish with prescan off)
Mcafee Virusscan (beats F-prot on encyrpted zips) pretty resonably priced if
you can secure DOS command line only license. (Also catches some phish with
prescan off)
F-Prot (catches more corrupted variants than Virusscan) Most expensive at
$50 a year
AVG (lags behind the others especially with encrypted zips). $75 for two
years.

I'll note that scanning speed isn't a consideration of mine. Others can
comment on that.