> Any advice on how to solve this problem?

This has been discussed on the Imail forum in the recent past.

See a direct search of the archives with many posts about this at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/cgi-bin/htsearch?config=imail_forum_list_ipswitch_com&restrict=&exclude=&words=imail1.exe+hacked

If you have problems with the above long link try: http://tinyurl.com/6xd5u

Additional help can be gained by subscribing and posting to the Imail list at:

Be sure to read all the posts in the archive before posting to the
Imail list as some of the list denizens don't suffer fools too well.
(meaning they occasionally get tired of answering the same old
questions over and over again and can be a bit rude to new list
members, but don't be deterred, as there is a lot of knowledge there)

also, hit the new forum for Imail at(which didn't find anything when I
searched):
http://www.ipswitch.com/forums/messages.aspx?ForumID=10

Hope this leads to some help,

Good luck,

Doug Traylor

PS. You might also want to research the Blackice server software
firewall(~$200 at some reseller--mentioned on the list).  That has
been discussed a bunch lately on the list as a useful tool to block
dictionary attacks.  I don't have it yet, but I think the traffic
analysis and logging would help you track down any unusual behavior.