You should use fpcmd.exe instead of f-prot.exe.  fpcmd.exe is the 32-bit command line version.  Check the JunkMail manual on the declude website for the suggested command line settings.

Darin.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2004 11:10 AM
Subject: [Declude.Virus] F-Prot 3.14 causing server freezes

I am using the DOS version of F-Prot 3.14 and am having problems with F-Prot freezing the server which forces me to do a hard reset of the system.

The event log entry reads:

"Application popup: 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem : D:\FProt\F-Prot.exe
X#=0D, CS=01CF IP=00005703. The NTVDM CPU has encountered an unhandled exception. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application."

I searched the archives and found some messages but they were too old to view.  Are other users of F-Prot experiencing this problem?  Is there a better alternative to F-Prot for virus checking that won't cause these problems?

Matthew Brandes, MCSE, CCA
IT Manager
Integra Realty Resources, Inc.
1901 W. 47th Place, #300